The Blog of Anders Nissen

fredag, november 26, 2004

Half-Life 2 Completed

I haven't had time to play Half-Life 2 this entire past week, but now it's weekend (yay!) so I have some time to unwind.

Today the unwinding has mostly consisted of playing Half-Life 2. As you might have guessed from the title I completed the game tonight. I was in one of the last sections of the game, so I only played a couble of hours to complete it.

I was a little worried about how the ending would be, because many people have been complaining about being disapointed about the ending. I throught it was okay. It's not very climatic and there isn't a huge evil alien boss as might have been expected.
It's also very open ended. There's definitely a Half-Life 3 planned for the future.

Something that annoyed me a bit was that I the last two chapters inside the citadel you see at least three strage alien creatures, that isn't found anywhere else in the game. And you can't get close to them or interact with them, and it just seems like such a waste to not encounter them somewhere. Both from the developers and the players point of view.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the citadel levels, which bring a refreshing (major) change in the gameplay!

VALVe says the full Half-Life 2 SDK (Software Development Kit) should be out next week, but VALVe isn't exactly known for keeping deadlines and release dates so I wouldn't put my money on it. But it's comming soon, and I have no doubt that it'll be a blast playing around with it.

Until the SDK is out I think I'll be starting a new game to enjoy the improved enemy A.I. at level: Hard!

All work and no fun is no fun at all, right?! ;)