The Blog of Anders Nissen

torsdag, marts 31, 2005

A Couple Of New Tutorials

I've previously mentioned that I've experimented with SDL lately.

To simplify setting up and using SDL I wrote a small and very simple engine framework. I've written up a small article on this framework on the excellent Game Programming Wiki.

This article can be found here:
Simple Game Engine Framework Using SDL.


I've experimented with XML as well (as also previously mentioned).

This has lead to an extremely simple, flexible and quite useful logging system based on XML. I'm actually pretty proud of this. It's very small, code wise, but makes use of template functions to handle different variables types, and gets the job done without any hassle.
I've also written a tutorial based on this on the GPwiki as well.

It can be found here:
Simple XML Logging System.